About Our Cars
How do I find the right car for me at Select?
Shelor Select has a specified inventory of vehicles that meet the Select program guidelines. Occasionally other vehicles in the massive Shelor inventory qualify for the program based on credit and down payment, so selection is usually not an issue. Vehicles are posted on-line at www.motormileselect.com for convenient shopping 24/7.
What type of warranty is offered?
There are several different vehicles that are offered for sale under the Select program.
- New Cars- Manufacturer's Warranty based on make
- Program Cars- Late model vehicles with remainder of factory warranty
- Shelor Certified Used Cars- Shelor limited 90-day power train warranty
- Select Certified Cars- 14 Day or 1,500 mile used car limited warranty, where the dealer pays 50% of parts & labor for 14 days or 1,500 miles whichever occurs first for a covered repair. There is also an optional service agreement available.
Are there any reports about the vehicle?
All Shelor Used Cars have a Carfax & Experian AutoCheck report available. Customers can access the report directly from www.motormileselect.com. Although history reports are helpful in gathering information about a vehicle, it does not guarantee a vehicle has never been in an accident or been wrecked.
About Our Loans
How to Apply for a loan?
Click here to apply now!!
What do I need to bring with me when I go to Select to apply for a loan?
Click here to download list of items needed
What is the competitive rate that you are able to offer me?
There are several tiers for approval and all are based on credit score, length of employment, down payment, budget, debt to income percentage and amount financed. Rates can range from 9.99% to 34.99%
Can I apply for a loan if I recently filed for bankruptcy?
Yes, in order to apply for a loan after recently filing bankruptcy, you must bring proof that the bankruptcy has been discharged by the courts.
How much money down is required?
Based on the tier approval, down payment amounts can range from $0, up to 15% of the vehicle selling price. Customers are expected to pay applicable taxes, licensing fees & $399 processing fee.
What are the options for making payments?
You can make payments 7 different ways:
- Pay Automated - by calling 1-800-SHELOR7 (743-5677) Payments made with this method are subject to a $3.50 convenience fee.
- Speak to a Live Person - by calling 540-381-8401 Payments made with this method are subject to a $5.00 convenience fee.
- Pay Online - Click Here to Make a Payment Payments made with this method are subject to a $3.50 convenience fee.
- Pay by Mail - Drop a money order or personal/cashiers check payment in the mail addressed to:
- Cars Financial
- PO Box 630
- Christiansburg, VA 24068
- Live close to Cars Financial & enjoy excellent customer service? Just stop by during business hours to make your payment in our payment center. **(Located to the left of Valvoline Express Care, behind the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership)** Cars Financial also has a secure payment drop box located on the side of the building for after hours payments.
- Enjoy convenience? Then try utilizing Cars Financial's recurring payment option**. This will ensure that each and every payment is made on time without any extra effort, we will make sure payments are taken care of with the highest security available. Cars Financial has the capability to run your payment for every scheduled due date by using checkin, savings or credit/check car information. **Signed authorization is required for this option. Click here for more information on this option Payments made with this method are subject to a $3.50 convenience fee.
- Is Western Union your preference? If so, make sure to advise them that our Code City is: CARSFIN, and the state is VA, then simply use your current account number with Cars Financial.
Requesting account information
Who do I contact to get account information?
Throughout the term of each loan with Cars Financial, every loan holder will have a designated Account Manager. Your Account Manager can handle all of the following for you:
- Address & Phone Changes
- Employment Changes
- Account Adjustments (for cases in which employment pay schedules have changed)
- Monitor and inform customers of insurance notifications
- They will create a strong relationship with you because you will discuss your account with the same person each and every time.
- This will also help customers by not having to be transferred from department to department and wasting time on hold.
Need to contact your account manager?
Account Manager Jessica Dobbins jdobbins@Shelor.com or 1-877-332-0773
Account Manager Danielle Akers email@example.com or 1-877-332-0773
Account Manager April Phillips aphillips@Shelor.com or 1-877-332-0773
Assistant Manager, Ashley Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-382-2981 Ext. 7208
General Manager, Vicky Branscome vbranscome@Shelor.com or 540-382-2981 Ext. 7207
What is Select Advantage?
It's simple. Based on your credit approval, you pick a vehicle out of the deignated "line". After you select a vehicle, we take up to half of the selling price and deduct it now so you only pay for half of the car. At the end of the term, you have options! Keep the car or turn it in and get another car.
Are there additional products that will be offered to me on the loan?
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Addendum
We offer the opportunity to add Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) to the loan. GAP is protection that will cover the difference (gap) between the insurance company's value of the vehicle and the actual vehicle payoff in the event of a total loss situation. The GAP protection will cover the deficiency up to 50% of the market value.
The GAP Addendum, as agreed upon, will be considered an excess benefit after the primary insurance coverage for the vehicle benefits have been exhausted. In the event of a total loss to the aforementioned vehicle, the GAP benefit will not exceed 50% of the fair market value amount as deemed sufficient by you primary insurance company or the maximum of your loan payoff, whichever is greater. The GAP benefit will not provide a cash payout to you for a covered loss. The GAP benefit will not cover incurred late fees, non-sufficient fees nor any additional fees assessed by you Lender, Cars Financial, Inc. The cost for You to purchase this GAP Addendum is $285.
Shelor In-House Service Contract & Limited Maintenance Agreement
12 Months/ 18,000 Miles
This service contract will cover: 100% of parts and labor for 3 months/ 3,000 miles (Whichever comes first); 75% of parts and labor for the remainder of the limited maintenance agreement term.
All internally lubricated parts of the gasoline engine, transmission & drive axle. Electrical: PCM (Power train control module) & Battery. Towing: Mechanical breakdown towing within 100 miles of Shelor's, performed only by Shelor towing. Other Coverage: Water pump, Alternator, Head Gasket, Oxygen Sensor, Fuel Pump, Starter & Wheel Bearing/hub.
This In-House Service Contract will cover 100% of the parts and labor to perform the following service every 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first: *Oil/Filter Change, *Check & Fill Fluids & *Chassis Lubrication. This included service must be performed at Shelor Valvoline Express Care only, no appointment necessary.
This contract entitles the customer to rent a vehicle at a discounted rate while their vehicle is being serviced at Shelor Motor Mile. An appointment for a rental vehicle must be made in advance. Rentals are provided upon availability. Drivers must be 21 years of age or older to rent a vehicle. Additional terms and conditions will be outlined on the Rental Agreement. Only the vehicle owner is eligible.
Selling price of 12 month/18,000 mile service contract is $599.00
About our customer benefits
Free State Inspection
All customers that purchase a new or used vehicle receive a free VA State Inspection yearly for as long as you own the vehicle. Inspections can be completed at Valvoline Express Care where no appointment is needed or at the Main Service Center by appointment.
Valvoline Express Care
For added convenience, Valvoline Express Care, a quick service facility located on the Motor Mile, offers quick service with no appointment necessary. They are open extended hours Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm and Saturday 8am - 5pm.
The main objective of our program is to provide customers with the ability to obtain financing for reliable transportation that is both affordable and with the convenience of payment options that are customized to their budgets. Our second goal is to help our customers improve their personal credit rating. We do this by reporting their payment history to two of the three major credit reporting agencies at the end of every month. We assign a personal account manager to each new customer to help ensure the promptness of all payments. They strive to provide excellent personal customer service to each and every customer. We believe that by having a personal account manager who is always familiar with their account that it helps to provide them with the personal attention that they won't get from large companies where contact is handled by a different customer service representative who will be unfamiliar with their situation and history. This personal attention allows us to provide additional
opportunities for our customers such as our Upgrade Program.
Customers who have consistently made their payments on time and have had their loan open for at least 18 months can qualify for our Upgrade Program. They will be able to trade in their current vehicle for a newer vehicle while enjoying the same affordable convenient payment options customized to fit their budget, AT A LOWER INTEREST RATE!
To take this a step further, customers who have achieved our STAR level status (meaning their loan has been open for at least 18 months and have paid their balance down to $3500 or less) may qualify for an Upgrade to a newer vehicle with NO MONEY DOWN!
What steps do I need to report fraud?
You have the right to ask that nationwide consumer reporting agencies place "fraud alerts" in your file to let potential creditors and others know that you may be a victim of identity theft. A fraud alert can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you. Please be aware that this may also delay your ability to obtain credit. You may place a fraud alert in your file by calling one of the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies. As soon as that agency processes your fraud alert, it will notify the other two agencies, which then also will place the fraud alerts in your files.
What can I do if I discover that information is being reported incorrectly on my credit report?
You have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information. If you identify information in your file that is incomplete or inaccurate, and report it to a consumer reporting agency, the agency must investigate unless your dispute is frivolous.
What supporting documentation am I required to provide in order to file an identity theft claim?
An identity theft report includes a copy of a report you have filed with federal, state, or local law enforcement agency. A consumer reporting agency may require you to submit additional information. For he detailed information about the identity theft, visit http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft
I heard that I can get a free copy of my credit report each year? How do I get a free copy of my credit report each year?
Click here to get one copy of your credit report each year from http://www.annualcreditreport.com
What about companies that claim they can improve my credit report for a fee?
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) cautions consumers to be wary of companies that make claims regarding credit repair. These companies, commonly called credit clinics, don't do anything for consumers that consumers cannot do for themselves at little or no cost. Beware of any organization that offers to create a new identity and credit file for you. The FTC and state attorneys general have filed actions against those who pursue these fraudulent practices. Here are some warning signs that the FTC and others say consumers should look out for to determine if they might be dealing with a credit clinic:
- An organization that guarantees to remove late payments, bankruptcies, or similar information from a credit report.
- An organization that charges a lot of money to repair credit.
- A company that asks the consumer to write to the credit reporting company and repeatedly seek verification of the same credit account information in the file, month after month, even though the information has been determined to be correct.
- An organization that is reluctant to give out its address or one that pushes you to make a decision immediately.
- For helpful brochure about credit clinics, you can write to the Federal Trade Commission, Sixth and Pennsylvania Avenues, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20004 and request a brochure titled "Credit Repair: Self Help May Be Best."
Click here for more information